People from all over the world are checking out your kits. But when a visitor from outside the US follows your Amazon.com links, their chances of making a purchase decrease. With automatic country detection for Amazon links, visitors who click your Amazon links will be instantly routed to the Amazon store for their home region, where they will see a more familiar currency, language and better shipping options. For example, if someone from France clicks on a camera you recommend from Amazon.com, they will automatically be taken to the same camera on Amazon.fr, where they are more likely to buy and earn you a commission.
Your affiliate codes for the other Amazon regions will be automatically included in your localized product links. That, combined with higher international conversions, will help you earn more money from Kit.
If you’re interested in trying it out, just enable automatic country detection in your Kit “monetize” settings, under “Amazon”.
Below, are some FAQs on this feature.
How can I get automatic country detection for Amazon links enabled?
You can turn on automatic country detection for Amazon links in the Monetize section of your profile settings here.
What happens if the local Amazon store doesn’t carry the product I recommend?
If the product you’re recommending cannot be found in a local Amazon store, Kit will point to the original Amazon link you put into your Kit.
Will this feature always redirect to the product in the local Amazon store?
There are instances where it is difficult to determine whether a local store carries the product you’ve recommended. If there isn’t a level of certainty that we can redirect to the right local product, Kit will point to the original Amazon link you put into your Kit.
Which Amazon stores does this feature support?
You can use this feature to monetize Amazon links in the following countries: United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, India, Mexico, Japan and Brazil.
Will this only convert Amazon.com links automatically?
This feature will convert links from any Amazon domain (e.g, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com and more)
If I only have an Amazon US affiliate code, will I earn money from international Amazon affiliate programs from this feature?
No, in order to earn additional revenue from this feature you will need to input international Amazon affiliate codes into your profile.
How can I test to see if my local affiliate links are working?
You can test how the link is redirecting users by:
- Opening an incognito window in Google Chrome
- Directly going to one of your kits by pasting in a URL
- Right clicking the ‘available at Amazon’ button on the product you want to test, and copying the link
- You will then want to paste the URL into the browser’s URL bar. It should start with “local.kit.co”
- To the end of this URL, add “&targetiso2=XX” where XX is the ISO country code for the country you want to test. The ISO code for the United Kingdom is GB, the code for Canada is CA and you can look up a full list of ISO codes here.
- Then hit enter, and this will bring you to the URL people from that country will see when clicking on the product in your kit. (Note: If the product you’re recommending cannot be found in a local Amazon store, Kit will point to the original Amazon link you put into your Kit.)